Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Pizza makes me more creative

See this nice hank of white pearl cotton? It's lovely to work with, but it's a mess to deal with in its doubled hank form you see here. I could just cut it and have a bunch of strands the same length, but sometimes I only want a little.

So I wrap my pearl cotton around clothespins. Clever, no? But do you know what a bunch of colorful clothespins look like to cats? Apparently they look like cat toys.




I had promised myself that I would go to the craft store and get a nice little container to hold my colors and keep them safe. But then I found something just as good, and free (well, free if you order salad with your pizza).

Snaps shut, cat proof - the perfect crafty container.

Today I think I'm pretty clever. I might end up with a whole set of these if I remember to retrieve them on pizza night.

I hope nobody was expecting anything deep and profound on this blog today. . .

8 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Steph said...

My friend, THAT is creative genius right there.

It's really too bad that there's no takeout bowl large enough to hold a few balls of yarn...that would solve my cat troubles.

Denise said...

yummmm.... Round Table. What do you use the pearl cotton for? I see it on the shelves all the time, and I wonder what it's used for.

Bea said...

Great idea! How does pearl cotton differ from embroidery floss and when is it used?

Threeundertwo said...

Pearl cotton is fatter than floss and has a beautiful shine to it. I use it for some needlepoint projects and to embroider on wool felt. This batch of colors is for a needlepoint project.

It comes in several weights and the lightest weight is nice for redwork, as a substitute for floss.

Teresa aka MarieSews said...

I love the recycle/reuse rather than buying a new container. Love the colors which I'm sure the cats do as well.

The Mother said...

Hubby still laughs about the time he bought me roses, and I went gaga over the little plastic nets on the buds--because they were the perfect size to keep my knitting skeins from unraveling while I worked.

I think it's fabulous that we can be impressed with little things. Much cheaper than diamonds and furs.

Laura said...

I love it! I think you're safe until the cats get thumbs!

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

So creative.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs