Thursday, June 10, 2010

Finished for Friday: 8th Grade

Watch out high school, here comes Drama Girl, all finished with 8th grade.

What this picture doesn't show is the rest of what I saw.  All the same parents I've seen since this little girl started kindergarten.  The graduates aren't the only ones finishing part of their journey.  We're all a little older, a little grayer.  Some are a little balder and a little wider.  She gets the diploma but we also feel a sense of achievement.

And that up-do I promised her for graduation?  I think it turned out pretty amazing.  There's a lot of hair that the stylist managed to wind up in there.

I feel a tremendous sense of accomplishment this week.  Maybe it's just relief.  Looking forward to a great summer now.

What have you finished up this week?  For guidelines to this party, please click the link at the top of the page.  Thanks for joining in!

11 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Michelle said...

What an awesome Friday Finish! Many congrats to your daughter. Oh, and her hair looks beautiful!

Barbara Jean said...

Thanks for hosting. Finally made it over here again. It's been awhile.
blessing

barbara jean

Kandra said...

Awww! My son finished 8th grade this year too... :)

The Mother said...

She's cute.

I finished a tome on the history of motherhood that I had to read in the rare book room of the medical library. Gonna miss the librarian.

Alisa said...

Congratulations to all! I can not wait to hear about all she conquers in High School.
Have a delightful summer!

Lindsay-ann said...

Congratulations to your daughter. Jessica will finish 8th Grade (we call it Year 9) at the end of July and they do nothing to celebrate over here like you do over there. Love her hair. It looks very stylish.
Lindsay
x

Cynthia said...

What a great thing to finish! Congratulations to Mom and Daughter :-)

Rosemary said...

Congratulations Drama Girl. I hope you love high school.

Your hair looks great by the way.

Roslyn said...

Only 8 yrs. to go, LOL!

Cheryl Lage said...

All congratulations to beautiful Drama Girl (and her mama) on an incredible Finish this Friday!

Laura said...

As you know, I teach 8th grade and my students graduated last weekend. However, don't think that I didn't notice the moms looking particularly sad at the looming changes that are to be. They have been hanging out with each other for YEARS! It's a rite of passage for the parents too.
Congratulations.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs