Sunday, June 6, 2010

Makes My Monday: Bewildering Praise

Drama Girl received this note on a Civil War journal project that was returned in her history class;  "You have 2 choices.  A) Be a writer B) Be a Political Scientist.  Brilliant!!! 265/260 [points]" 

I absolutely love that the teacher framed her future in such defined terms.  Unfortunately he didn't define in class what a political scientist is, so she came home and asked us.  I believe at this point in her life, she is leaning toward option "A."

I know the power of high praise from respected teachers, and I'm grateful that this teacher framed his thoughts so enthusiastically.  To see more happy thoughts for Monday, visit Cheryl at Twinfatuation.

6 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Pati @ A Crafty Escape said...

Congrats!!!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh! How proud you must be! This is great!

Michelle said...

Awesome!

krissyh said...

I LOVE THIS!!!! Wish I could read the journal! Tell her congrats. . .and i agree would rather be a writer!

Cheryl Lage said...

Drama Girl seems to be very similar to her Mama! ;)

LOVE that assessment of her efforts and talent and potential. She will ALWAYS remember that.

Her gift---and your appreciation of it---Make My Monday. Thanks for playing along, ThreeUnder!

I can't find my blog said...

That is the coolest teacher comment ever! Congrats to your girl!!!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs