Thursday, July 15, 2010

Finished for Friday: Kindle Cover

Are you meeting some new authors here on my blog?  I hope you're leaving comments so you're entered to win the $50 Amazon gift card!  Official rules in the tab above.  Because many of these authors offer Kindle versions of their books, and because Jungle Boy has borrowed my leather Kindle cover, I decided to make my own.


Doesn't Jane Austen look happy there? I found the pattern in an old issued of "Quilter's Home" magazine.

As you read this, I'm in the hospital recovering from my hip replacement surgery.  (And I'm probably reading my Kindle there!).  So I guess I'm going to count that as a "finish" as well.

Link up and let us know what you've been up to this week, and please visit my posts starting from last Monday.  Every comment you leave for the author party gives you another entry.




13 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Pati @ A Crafty Escape said...

That is so cute! I hope your recovery is going well :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah! You got yours made! I love your fabric choices. :)

Hope your recovery goes well and you get to come home soon to real food. ;)

Cheryl Lage said...

You are simply genius....GORGEOUS Kindle cover! (and love the Kindle contagion in your home!)

Kudos on the recovery in progress...here's hoping pain and discomfort will be Finished on a Friday soon!

The Mother said...

That is lovely. Both the cover and the kindle.

Roslyn said...

Love the fabrics, nice job. I got Dh a Sony eReader but it came with a leather cover!

Roslyn said...

PS Get well soon & back in the saddle!

Miri said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Your kindle cover is just beautiful! WOW!

concretenprimroses said...

Lovely cover!
Hope you are up and at'em again soon!
You've almost convinced me to buy a kindle. Maybe one for me and one for my mom.
Kathy

Andrea said...

I hope your recovery goes well. Enjoy a little time reading.

L Simonson said...

Here is to a speedy recovery :) What a great Kindle cover! Thanks for hosting another party.

Alisa said...

I love that cover! Hope that your recovery goes well. I'm rooting you on from here.

Michelle said...

Awesome Kindle cover! So much more personalized than the leather one Jungle Boy absconded with, I bet. :-)

Congrats on being through the surgery! It's the first day of you getting to feel better.

Nancy said...

DAMN!! You are one talented lady :)

Thanks so much for hosting this author party - I'm really enjoying it so far. And the books I've started reading have really been very good! How'd you find 'em all?? I'm impressed :)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs