Thursday, September 16, 2010

Finished for Friday: Computer Woes

I think I'm pushing the whole "Finished for Friday" concept this week.  I've been pulling my hair out over my computer woes the past few days.  I had turned off the Captcha word with my comments.  You know, that gibberish word you have to spell out to confirm your comment?  As soon as I did, I started getting a lot of spam emails.  All of them were on old posts.  I finally had enough and decided just to add it back.

Sounded so simple.  Check the box, comments have to be left by humans again.  So I did.

Then the internet went down.  From every computer in the house. Just when a kind friend emailed me to tell me the comments weren't working.  I could read my emails on my cell phone but I'm a complete klutz at working on my blog from there.

It took three days and a wonderful husband to get the internet back in business, and a helpful friend to test the comments while I fiddled with them a few different ways.  Now I have hundreds of emails to catch up on and some blog posts I want to write.  It sure is good to be "home" on my laptop again.

I hope you have some more interesting finishes for this week.  I promise to be back next week with something colorful and more fulfilling.  Show us what you've been up to and leave a comment...if you can.

2 people stopped folding laundry to write:

The Mother said...

Is that why I couldn't leave a comment? Tried five or six times--got the captcha but not the box to type it into. Figured it was just a mac thing, so I didn't bother you with it.

Works today.

BTW: Just got my first kindle. Do you share your kindle cover pattern? That would be awesome.

Melissa said...

Sorry about the computer problems hopefully you can get them sorted.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs