Thursday, September 2, 2010

Finished for Friday: Dancing Ghosts

I think this is my new favorite craft; doing cross stitch and beading on perforated paper.  At first I thought it was odd, using paper instead of fabric, but once I found out that this is what the Victorians used to do, I decided it's cool.

Although when I went out to find a frame today I couldn't find one exactly the right size so I'm going to order one that I know will fit.

I'm happy to have another project done before the holiday it's intended for.

What have you been up to this week?  Join in and please leave a comment.  Be sure to visit the other participants as well.  If you'd like a button, you can grab one from my sidebar.



7 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Roslyn said...

I used to do cross stitch still have a thousand [minor exaggeration] strands of DMC thread! I admire it greatly but no longer indulge.
Now it's all just the quilting -oh & did I mention that my eyes are not what they used to be & cross stitch is very small!
You are SO ready for the fall and the holidays!

Laura said...

I have always enjoyed your Halloween crafts...so much fun.

Melissa said...

So cool and what a fun pattern.

I've been wanting to buy perforated paper to do some projects based on descriptions in The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder.

Laura said...

I love it! Sooooo excited for Halloween and fall!

Carole Davids said...

Enjoyed reading your blog. Thanks for hosting the linky party. New follower

Carole
http://frogbellysoup.blogspot.com

The Mother said...

Very nice.

I finished cleaning my house. Mostly. I sorta gave up with one room left.

Does it still count as finished?

The homebodies said...

Hmm, I have been wanting to learn more about cross stitch, but I haven't ever heard of perforated paper for that purpose. Cool!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs