Monday, October 11, 2010

Please tell me you've done this

I don't think of myself as particularly scatterbrained.  I plan my weeks and days, make lists, organize the glasses in the cupboard by size.  But it seems I've had more than a few forehead-slapping moments lately.

My favorite?  Remembering to buy toilet paper.  The nice big package.  Big package.  Really big.  The kind you put in the lower shelf of the shopping cart.  Then I chanted to myself  "remember the toilet paper" on my way to the checkout line.  Maybe if I put items down there more often it wouldn't be such a big deal.

I got to the checkout line, and put the toilet paper on the conveyor belt first.  Smart me!  La La La I didn't forget!  I even had all my handmade fabric grocery bags along with me.

La La La out to the car.  La La La drove home.

You see where this is going, don't you?  Of course the bagger put the big package of toilet paper on the bottom shelf of the cart.  Which is where it still is, for all I know.  Because it never made it into the car.

I think next time I'll bring a string, and tie one end on my wrist and the other on the package of toilet paper.  Good grief.

4 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Teresa aka MarieSews said...

Well, not quite but I've gone to the store for a particular item and come home with everything but that item. I've done this so many times, I can't tell you specifics. Usually as I walk back into the kitchen with the bags of groceries hanging from my arms, I'll remember. Or better yet, the boys will start digging through the bags looking for whatever it was I was supposed to get. Or I'll be standing in the middle of the grocery store trying to remember what I was going to get. I find myself walking through the store repeating over & over, "Milk, cat food, celery. Milk, cat food, celery." I just hope no one is ever following me!

The Mother said...

I once left an entire trunk full of groceries in the car, in the Houston summer heat.

But I had an excuse. I was on Topamax for migraines (dubbed Dopamax by the medical community)--scared me so much I quit cold turkey that day.

Everyone is scatterbrained from time to time. At least it was toilet paper and not a kid.

slow panic said...

I bought a box of Cream of Wheat the other day. I know I brought it home. Everything else I bought is here. I can not find that stupid box of Cream of Wheat.

Heather said...

yep, forgot the TP too many times, a tomato rolled out of the bag in the trunk and by the time I remembered it was frozen solid. Bought stuff and hid it from the kids and didn't find it again until it was so far past date I had to throw it out etc etc.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs