Monday, October 4, 2010

The Yearling

I try to introduce my kids to the classics.  Sometimes I have no success at all.  For example, a few years ago we all sat down to watch The Yearling.  You remember that one?


The kids thought I was crazy.  Here is Drama Girl's take on that classic:


Now look at this beautiful guy in our front yard.


We see him almost every day.  I've named him  "Flag" after the deer in the movie.  Because in my world, the mom doesn't shoot the deer, he lives to a nice old age and sleeps in the front yard.


Welcome to my world.

4 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Claremont First Ward said...

I JUST bought this book but have yet to read it!

Knitty said...

Bravo, Drama Girl, Bravo!

LOL!

I think DG needs her own blog with a regular view of the classics!

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

Haha! That was awesome. Well done, Drama Girl!!

Alisa said...

That is hilarious! Up next, Pride & Prejudice!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs