Monday, November 1, 2010

Makes My Monday: Candy Buyback

My kids get enough candy at Halloween.  In fact, what with their sturdy legs, determination, and pillowcases for carrying the loot, it isn't hard for them to collect too much.  Waaaaay too much.

I'm thrilled that this year, a local dentist is collecting all the "extra" candy and sending it to Operation Gratitude.  Operation Gratitude is a nonprofit that sends care packages to Military personnel deployed in harm's way.  The local dentist has also promised to donate $1 for every pound of candy turned in to our local education foundation.

Candy out of the house/donation to education foundation/care packages to soldiers.  Looks like a win/win/win to me.

For more information visit the Operation Gratitude website here or their facebook page here.

Makes My Monday is hosted by Cheryl at Twinfatuation.

7 people stopped folding laundry to write:

The Mother said...

What a fabulous idea. I'm in, if I can find where my kids stashed their haul.

Samantha said...

My kids ortho is part of this too - 1 hour till all candy is out of here!! Veggies for dinner ;-)

Cynthia said...

That is fantastic on so many levels!

slow panic said...

That's nice. Our neighborhood is pretty sad with the trick or treating so my kids actually don't get to much. between them and me we manage to consume it all.

Cheryl Lage said...

What a fabulous (and fat-reducing!) idea! Few could make me willing to sacrifice the candy cavalcade, but the troops? Okay!

Thank you for Making My Monday, Three Under!

Life As I Know It said...

Great idea!
I had SO MUCH left over candy this year...I wonder if I can still find a place to donate it to...

Jennifer said...

Yeah, I think your idea is good. I will try it. Thanks for share!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs