Thursday, September 29, 2011

How to Drive Me Crazy

I sew.  Nearly every day.  In addition to quilts I've often made useful things like tote bags.

Shopping bags.

Handbags.

You name it.

In addition, our house is overflowing with backpacks, duffel bags, dance bags, gymnastics bags, satchels.

You get the idea.  If you want something to carry things in, there is no shortage in this house.

So what do I see waiting by the front door every single day?  Drama Girl's ballet gear ready for me to grab when I take her to ballet.

In a plastic bag.  ARRRRRRRGH!

4 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Melissa said...

Sorry but that is funny!!

Coloradolady said...

Oh, surely she'd rather use one of your cute bags! I love my troll bags....use them all the time!!

Heather said...

My sister and I used to knit sweaters for the kids, but they much prefer the bought fleece ones, so now we knit for ourselves.

The only things the kids want me to sew are boxer shorts. The wilder the fabric the better. They wear those all the time.

Tami said...

I feel your pain. Dresses that never got worn, Halloween costumes that weren't right even when they looked just like the pattern. The only thing I ever made that they liked was a throw pillow with a pocket on it for notes. I gave up. Thanks for the memory and the smile.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs