Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Not How *I* Did Homework

I'm a semi-techy person.  I was an early adopter of a palm pilot and have used palm smartphones for years.  So when I heard HP might be discontinuing their line of palm tablets, I jumped on the chance to get them at firesale prices.  We're a tablet family now.

I've figured out how to do a lot of things with mine - keep up with blogs with the RSS reader, type documents on the go with google docs, play a few cute games.  It's a great tool to access my ever-changing calendar and I love that I can pull up my favorite recipes and prop it in my kitchen in much less space than a cookbook.

But my kids have officially left me behind on the technology learning curve now.


Here is Jungle Boy, doing a homework project with a friend via Skype.  They were working on a poster together and were talking and showing each other what they were doing.  I am in awe.

Are you thinking about getting a tablet?  Amazon is making a big announcement about their new line of Kindles and tablets today. 

Wordful Wednesday is hosted by Angie at Seven Clown Circus.



4 people stopped folding laundry to write:

I am Harriet said...

Sure puts us to shame. :)


Enjoy your WW!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/09/is-it-just-me-or-you-too

Anonymous said...

I use technology in the classroom every day. One of my courses is even online. But even still, the kids are way ahead of us. I am saving for an iPad. Hope to have it before conference and travel time. (Even my parents have iPads.) ~Kelly

Branlaadee said...

I am hoping to get one of the new Kindle Fires when they come out. I'd love to have a little mini computer in the kitchen when I cook!

Glad the kids are making good use of their tablets!

Miri said...

LOL! We "visit" our little grandbabies via Skype!

I may not be very tech savvy compared to my kids but compared to DH I'm a resource person!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs