Monday, October 10, 2011

Makes My Monday: That Box of 64


Do we ever outgrow the love for a new box of crayons?  I had to get this box for a new project I'm starting that uses crayon tinting on fabric.  The instructions were very specific - I had to get the box of 64.

Good thing it still has the familiar old sharpener in the back, because it looks like that yellow one is broken.

It takes so little to make me happy.  When was the last time you played with crayons?

Visit Cheryl at Twinfatuation to see more Monday makers.

6 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Kandra said...

I LOVE a new box of crayons!!! So much that I'll buy those on sale at the beginning of school and stock up! :)

Daffycat said...

There is nothing much better than a new box of crayons. I'm 43, my daughter 24...we still have a stack of coloring books and a huge box of crayons ready for whenever the urge strikes! I'm sure it's dangerous to outgrow coloring!

Cheryl Lage said...

LOVE the 64 box...COMPLETELY a Monday Maker.
And truth told, few brands are allegiance holders in my book---but when it comes to my COLORING books, it's Crayola all the way. Cheaper brands are too waxy, diminished/less-saturated color...out and out inferior.

There. I said it.

Enjoy your new box. I'm jealous. :)

AttemptingAloha said...

With three girls under age 7, we have TONS of crayons, but we always seem to buy the smaller boxes, so we have millions of the same colors, and they're all broken, and you just can't buy a "crayon sharpener"! I bought a 64 pack JUST this weekend. lol

Aloha,
Charlie

Michelle said...

I love new crayons, but with three little boys they're old and broken in an instant. Someday, I'm gonna get my own box and manage to keep them out of it!

Tami said...

There's just something about all those rows of colors...

My mom never let me have the big box for school. I think I'm scarred for life! :) But I occasionally buy myself one. It makes me feel childlike, creative and just happy.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs