Thursday, February 16, 2012

Stories I Only Tell My Friends

Here's a great book to add to your list.  I really enjoyed this one.  Stories I Only Tell My Friends, by Rob Lowe.



If you're a certain age, you remember Rob Lowe as a member of the "Brat Pack" in Hollywood.  This was followed by a period of wild partying and eventually, rehab.  Once he got back on track, he was hilarious in Austin Powers and a star on the television show "The West Wing."

I picked up the audiobook for this one and I'm so glad I did.  He is warm and funny, and does marvelous impressions of all the famous people he meets.  You can picture Cary Grant and Bill Clinton, Lucille Ball and Francis Ford Coppola.  It's worth buying the audiobook just to hear him imitate Tom Cruise.

His life story is surreal, and each chapter was highly entertaining.  He is honest and touching, but he doesn't sugar-coat his experiences.  I wish my memory and story-telling abilities were this good.

Available in hardcover, paperback, audiobook, and e-book.  An excerpt from the book Socs and Greasers: Behind The Scenes of The Outsiders from Rob Lowe's Stories I Only Tell My Friends is available for free for the kindle.

Highly recommended if you're a movie fan at all.

1 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Peggy said...

Oh I admit, that despite Rob's bad boy reputation, I had a thing for Rob!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs