Monday, July 9, 2012

Design Wall Monday: Farmer's Wife 8 blocks


My "Farmer's Wife's Midlife Crisis" Jubilee quilt only got four more blocks this week.  I still have barely dipped  into my stash of hot pinks and I'm having a lot of fun with it.  I'm too lazy to work from templates so I'm just doing the math for each block in my head.  I'll need to use templates for some of the more difficult blocks.

The farmer's wife in my imagination is not a shy person.  She mixes her batiks with mind-bending geometrics with florals. 

She likes pinks so hot they're almost red.

But she still likes the occasional sweet cherry print.  As long as the cherries are deep pink.

I would love to work faster on this quilt but the incredibly good weather has pulled me out to the garden most days.  I need to find a "look how much I've cleaned up the garden" weekly meme.  Maybe "Weedless Wednesday."

Design Wall Monday is hosted by Judy at Patchwork Times.

4 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Cathy Tomm said...

Great looking blocks. I love the colours and mixing the type of prints.

Rosemary said...

This is going to be a Wow! quilt. I can't wait to see it when it's finished.

Angie in SoCal said...

I love, love the colorway you are using for your version of Farmer's Wife!

Heather said...

Great blocks. Who knows what the farmer is growing, but his wife sure has been enjoying herself.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs