Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Needlework Tuesday: Caldron Part 1


My wonderful husband gave me a gift certificate to a needlework shop for my birthday.  Of course I had to go spend it right away!  I picked up a cute Halloween pattern and materials and thought I'd put it away until closer to Halloween.

Apparently I have about zero self-control when it comes to starting new projects.  I was only going to put a few stitches in but it took off.  You can't tell at the moment, but there are lots of bugs and snakes that will be whirling in the smoke.  I've just started the caldron itself.

Raise your hand if you thought it was spelled "cauldron."  I did too.  So did the lady in the shop.  Apparently either way is correct.  Maybe this is Shakespeare's original spelling. 

Needlework Tuesday is hosted by Heather at Books and Quilts.  And for once I'm remembering to include her cute graphic for the occasion.


5 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Laura said...

I totally thought it was "cauldron," too! I actually just went and looked it up on dictionary.com and it says it can be both way! (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cauldron?s=t&ld=1032)

Rosemary said...

I thought maybe the lack of a u in cauldron was an American thing like the lack of a u in colour, but I checked my UK English dictionary and it has both spellings as acceptable. Like you I suspect Shakespeare and his (and his entire generation's) erratic spelling.

Heather said...

Looks like a wonderful project. I tend to jump right into new projects as well.

Melissa said...

My hand is up....

I love watching you stitch through the seasons.

Karen said...

That is going to be so cute! Can't wait to see rest of it.

happy stitching...

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs