Monday, July 16, 2012

What to do?

I'm looking around the house and I see

No Jungle Boy - he's still studying ballet at American Ballet Theatre.  Home next weekend!

No Wasabi Girl - she's spending the week studying at Stanford Jazz Workshop. 

No husband - he's on a business trip

No Drama Girl until late this afternoon - she's at ballet camp.

What to do with a house that's empty?  I've had my breakfast and coffee, checked Pinterest, cleaned up the garden for an hour, watered the plants, fed the cats...

Time to sew!!!  Wheeee!  This is like the best vacation ever.

I think I'll work on my Henrietta Whiskers quilt.


What are you up to today?

4 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Melissa said...

Wow - that must seem very strange.

We weeded, gave the dogs a bath, cleaned, and now I am going to work on the photos of a 65th wedding anniversary that I took yesterday.

Jillybean said...

I had a day like that last week, I ended up watching something on Netflix and taking a nap.
Glad you were able to get some uninterrupted sewing time :)
(I usually have to stay awake all night to get that around here)

Rosemary said...

Enjoy your day by yourself. I too appreciate such days and usually end up in the sewing room all day wallowing in fabric and thread.

Cheryl Lage said...

Isn't it odd how those completely solo occasions are so very rare that it takes a bit of time to decipher just exactly what would bring the biggest joy?

Have a restful, productive day!

(and know you'll be happy to see the crew come home!)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs