Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Needlework Continuum

It's Needlework Tuesday!  Time to show what I'm working on, progress or not.  I realized this morning that it's important for me to always have a variety of projects.

First, there's the detailed long-term epic project that's almost like brain surgery:

That's my Snow White cross stitch project.

Then there's the thread-counting project that requires concentration, but goes pretty fast if I'm not distracted:

That's my "Caldron" project.  I'm waiting for some special hand-dyed threads to come in so I can move forward on that.

Then there's the even less concentration project I can do while I watch a movie (or lately, lots of Dr. Who with Drama Girl) and talk and multi-task.  I only need to check the color chart once in a while on this, but no counting stitches:

Then there's the project for sitting outside in the sun, taking along in the car, absolutely no concentration involved at all:

A series of quilt blocks for my "Jolly Halloween" quilt I've just started.

I guess that's why I always have a lot of projects going - I'm the Goldilocks of needlework.  I always need something that's "just right."

Visit Heather at Books and Quilts for more Needlework Tuesday.


2 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Heather said...

I usually have several projects going at the same time. I had forgotten about my embroidered pillow cars. Will pull them out next week. Yesterday on a car trip with my family and niece, I darned in all those ends on an afghan I had made her when she was visiting us. She never got around.to them. Great to have them all done. Thanks for linking up with Needlework Tuesday.

Rosemary said...

I too have lots of projects on the go at the one time. I have a country style quilt I work on while travelling (the stitching doesn't have to be perfect for the naive style quilt blocks.

I have a Christmas Baltimore quilt I'm working on when I have the time to sit and give it my attention, lots of machine quilts on the go depending on what I feel like doing and, as it's winter here, I'm knitting socks while watching television each night. Whew!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs