Monday, October 8, 2012

Creepyville

I accomplished something for the Pin It and Do It challenge.  I call it Creepyville.  The original pin took me to this post at The 36th Avenue blog.  She has great instructions for making a spooky village out of dollar store Christmas village pieces.

Wasabi Girl and I got to work spray painting.  We are complete amateurs at the whole spray paint thing, but I think our uneven job just added to the creepy, dilapidated look.





Jungle Boy tore himself away from his latest video game long enough to join us in painting in some details.  We all started as minimalists but then just kept adding more.  It was a lot of fun.




The imperfect black paint on the people just makes them look more sketchy, in my opinion.




These guys are definitely burying something...




And here's a guy with an axe and another guy carrying something suspicious on his back.

We all love how this turned out.  Give it a try.  Great project.



4 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Coloradolady said...

I love this....VERY cute!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Fun fun fun!! For several years I've been collecting Department 56 Halloween pieces (it's amazing the sales you can find online) but sadly I'm not putting my village up this year. Just too hard with the 18 month old. I LOVE the cobwebs and spooky feel of this village.

Roslyn said...

Well this would probably give me nightmares,LOL, pretty creepy!

Mom said...

Love these !!!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs