Monday, October 22, 2012

Halloween mantle


I've never done a Halloween-themed mantle before, but here again I was inspired by Pinterest and the "Pin it and do it" challenge for October.

My version includes a black feather tree, a transferware plate from Disneyland's Haunted Mansion (thanks to a very dear friend who sent me a set!) some needlework and pumpkins.  On the small chairs below are some wool pillow I made a few years ago.

Halloween is proving to be challenging calorically.  I've made another batch of the whole wheat pumpkin spice latte muffins I mentioned in the last post.  And tragically for my waistline, I've discovered candy corn flavored m&ms.  I wish I'd never tried them because they're just ridiculously good.

While doing some stitching a few days ago I watched "Blithe Spirit."  What a great Halloween-ish movie.  Haven't seen it in years.  It's a Noel Coward play directed by David Lean, featuring a young handsome Rex Harrison.  I just love it.

I have a stack of movies waiting next to my television for us to sit down and watch.  We barely have time to sit together these days.  I might have to finish a few more Halloween movies on my own this week while I sew.  Do you have any favorites you love to watch this time of year?

0 people stopped folding laundry to write:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs