Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Moving through Fall


I'm a big proponent of celebrating one holiday at a time.  Halloween was big around here in terms of decorating and music and a big party.  It all got put away on November 1st so Thanksgiving could have its turn.  Poor forgotten Thanksgiving.  I always associate it with family and a day of relaxing (all cooking aside).

The banner above is wool, and I finished it in time for the season.  The house seems empty after the stacks of Halloween quilts disappeared.  I've been told I need to make more Thanksgiving quilts.  Hmmm.






The turkey china came out for November as well.  We wont see our regular dishes again until sometime in January when I put away the Christmas china.


Lots of little Fall touches around the house.  Deep breath.  Christmas can wait for now. 

Do you give much attention to the Thanksgiving holiday?  I would love some more ideas on how to make it special.

1 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Melissa said...

The banner is lovely - warm and cheerful.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs