Monday, December 24, 2012

This Christmas Moment

Right here, right now.  This is my favorite moment of the entire year.  I'm prepping our goose to roast in the oven.  Wasabi Girl is peeling potatoes.  Christmas music is playing in the background.

Shopping is done and (miracle for me) so is all the wrapping.  All of the handmade gifts are done done done.  Cards are sent.  Party is over and cleaned up.  Cookies are baked.

I'd like to put my laptop away but I can't help following along as NORAD tracks Santa across the globe.  He's coming!  Just hours away. 

My heart is full of love.  Tomorrow morning we'll all dive in and make a grand mess of paper and eggnog French Toast.  We'll kiss and model new clothes and open new books for the first time.  But for me, the real joy is today.  I made it.  Christmas is complete.  Happiness abounds.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and the real joy of the season. 

1 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Cheryl Lage said...

Perfection! Merry Merry to you and yours!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs