Monday, May 13, 2013

Roses

This is a painting my husband did recently.  I found this frame around the house but I want to get a better one. 

I think some of my love of flowers is rubbing off on him.  He paints all kinds of things - still lifes, portraits, copies of famous paintings.  These are some of the tiny climbing roses in our yard.  I love this picture.

Mother's Day was full of adventure.  We visited the Disney Family Museum in San Francisco.  I could have spent all day there but I spared my family.  Of course I had to stop in the gift shop.  It was lovely.  Jewelry and posters and art supplies and Little Golden Books.  I could have stayed in there all day as well.  My son was hovering a bit while I shopped.  I remarked on a cute Minnie Mouse clock and laughed about how we haven't had a copy of Dumbo in the house for years.  After a while he suggested I go see what Drama Girl was making in the art room.  While I was visiting her, my son reappeared with my husband and the kids handed over the following little gift: 


I had to laugh.  Way to go with the covert operations!  The story came out that they had been looking for a copy of Dumbo for the past week but had been unsuccessful.  All's well that ends well.  Remind me the next time I'm in a gift shop to admire all the expensive jewelry.

The day finished up with a trip to see The Great Gatsby.  I really liked it, although I kept remembering the Robert Redford version, which made me feel kind of old.  I don't like seeing remakes of movies that came out in my lifetime.  It's like I'm overdue for a remake.

Hope you had a lovely Mother's Day!

1 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Melissa said...

Your husband is very talented!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs