Monday, June 3, 2013

Design Wall Monday: 4 more Farmer's Wife blocks

This weekend I pulled out my Farmer's Wife blocks again to work on.  I'm getting a bit frustrated with the Farmer's Wife book, so I've re-engineered many of the blocks and two of these are from a different book.  So the "Buzzard's Roost" block in the lower right has extra seam lines for example.  Usually I end up with fewer seams than the FW book.  It was just easier to make a series of flying geese for this one than aligning all the different triangles.

I still haven't used all of my hot pink fabrics.  There are quite a few jammed into this bin.  I'm enjoying these bright happy blocks.  22 down, 28 to go.

Linking up today to Patchwork Times.

1 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Heather said...

When sewing a row of triangles, I find it really helps to use a corner trimmer ( actually I use one of my Marti Michell templates) and then the ends line up perfectly and your row ends up with even edges and the correct length.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs