Monday, October 21, 2013

Jack Baskets quilt finished

My Jack-o-lantern baskets quilt is finished!  I have it pinned to a curtain here while I make a sleeve to hang it.  I am so excited to get this done in time for Halloween.

It's machine appliqued.  Then I stitched in the ditch around each shape with monofilament, then quilted with freeform swirls.  I used a lot of thread on this.

I added some mini jack-o-lanterns in the sashing.

The pattern by Buttons and Bees is available here.

Now I'm feeling the time crunch to figure out what I'm going to make for Christmas.  Even just making ornaments for friends takes planning and budgeting.  Still racing to get my Santa's Village done in time to get it framed for Christmas.  You can laugh, but in crafting time, these holidays always come too fast for me.

2 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Rosemary said...

Your quilt looks wonderful. I too am beginning to worry about getting all the things I want to make for Christmas finished. I can see lots of sewing room time in both our futures.

Chao said...

The design is perfect for the upcoming Halloween, same here I started to make my gift list last week and had bought several haberdashery supplies to start making the gifts I will give for the holiday season.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs