Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Fatigue

I am so exhausted today. Spent all day yesterday cooking and preparing for the party.  It all went well.  My kids have wonderful friends.  Several of them came over right after school.  Others came throughout the evening.

Several of the girls pitched in to help skewer fruit, set up the buffet, and even decorate the front porch.


I set up a photo area with props and today I found about 60 shots on my camera that I'd left in that room.  I have no idea how many they took with their own cameras.


And, true to form, the teenagers ate and ate and ate.  The big batch of deviled eggs was gone instantly.  Ditto the "mummy dogs."  Meatballs that I thought were too spicy were inhaled.  Wasabi Girl tried to sneak off with the chex mix.

I finally broke up the party at 11:00 because today there is school and work to get back to.

Today I'm moving pretty slowly.  I was tired to the bone last night.  Wish I could join Hestia and just stay tucked in bed for the day.  But it's happy exhaustion.  I'd rather have all the kids at my house than worry about my kids and what they might be doing at other people's houses. 


Here's the list of recipes with links, for my future reference, and in case you're interested.

Pumpkin Fluff dip with cinnamon grahams and nilla wafers.
Bacon Cheddar Deviled Eggs
Fruit skewers with Halloween peeps on top
Pumpkin chip muffins
Mummy dogs
Cocktail meatballs served  with rolls to make sandwiches
Chex mix
Marshmallow popcorn balls with mini m and ms added
Chocolate pumpkin rice krispie treats

Now to try to get some candle wax out of a tablecloth.  Any suggestions?  Of course it was a black candle...

2 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Edie said...

To remove wax -- first if you can, freeze the tablecloth, or put ice cubes over the wax. Scrape off any pieces that you can. Take a brown paper bag and place it over and under the stain. Go over the paper with a warm iron, moving the bag to a clean area of paper when the wax melts into the paper. Keep doing this until no more wax transfers. Then launder the tablecloth. Google it -- I'm sure they explain better than I can.

Quilter Kathy said...

You are an amazing Mom! Not even on my best day could I have pulled off this creative event!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs