Friday, February 28, 2014

February Small Stitchalong done

Here is the ornament I stitched for the Smalls Stitchalong at Stitching Lotus.  Closer to Christmas I will decide who gets this one and personalize a backing for it and make it into an ornament.

The pattern is from a very old book I have.  The fabric is some leftover in my stash that I've decided I don't like very much.

In a fit of combined housecleaning and creativity this week I made this upcycled cat bed from an old sweater.

As you can see, Dumbledore is very cozy there.  In fact he doesn't ever leave his new nest.  You can find the directions at Aunt Peaches.  Very simple and quick to make.  The only change I made was to sew the sleeves together (she left a pocket for a heating pad) and I put a little batting in the base for some extra warmth.

At last we have some rain!  I can practically hear my garden slurping it up.  I hope it lasts a while and helps us catch up.

Have a great weekend.

3 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Unknown said...

Very pretty finish!

Tami said...

Beautiful work. I used to do cross-stitch constantly, but have gotten away from it. You're making me think I need to drag out some of my old projects and try again.

Marcy said...

Lovely finish. Excellent idea for a kitty bed.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs