Wednesday, September 23, 2015

How to Block Unwanted Pins on Pinterest

I wont deny that I have been a Pinterest addict for a long time.  It's a lot of fun to follow people who have similar interests and see what new ideas they are pinning.

Lately, however, Pinterest has become a lot less fun due to the deluge of "Promoted" pins and "Picked for You" pins.  They were cluttering up my feed until I couldn't find the real pins from people I follow.

For several months, I have used a Firefox extension and it worked beautifully.  Sadly, it's failed me over the last few days despite everything I try.

A little research led me to a new solution.  Go visit The Beth Project.  She gives simple instructions to install a greasemonkey script and BOOM!  Unwanted pins are gone.

My new Pinterest feed looks like swiss cheese - there were a LOT of unwanted pins there!  The feed has blank spots where pins were removed.

 
I would rather have the blank spaces to sail past than have a lot of pins I don't want.

I hope this solution helps you.  We Pinterest addicts have to stick together!

Are you following me on Pinterest?  Just search for "Threeundertwo."

1 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Laura Chaney said...

What a great idea! I'd never even thought about trying to get rid of the pins that no longer fit my needs!!a

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs