Thursday, January 8, 2009

Finished for Friday

Lit and Laundry

Today's post doesn't have a picture, because my "finish" for this week leaves me nothing to show.

I've packed up every last bit of the Christmas decorations. Boxes and boxes. Christmas china all put away, Christmas towels washed and stored. Even the Christmas shower curtain is retired until next year. (What? You don't have a Christmas shower curtain? You must get one!)

The model village and all its villagers are snoozing in their styrofoam inside a big trunk. The Christmas doormats and bath mats have been cleaned and dried and rolled up. The vintage Santa from the front porch is hiding behind the fridge downstairs. (He likes it there, reminds him of the North Pole).

As much fun as I have decorating for the holidays, it sure is a mammoth job to put it all away. The house looks rather bare now, and the kids are asking where the Valentine's Day quilts are. *sigh*.

Hope you've had a great week. Get anything done? Link up a post (doesn't have to be today's post) and we'll come visit and congratulate you. Grab the button from my sidebar and add it to your post or sidebar. Thanks!

10 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Unknown said...

Getting everything put away is definitely being finished!

Unknown said...

Hopefully my kidney issues are finished! :) I was hoping to have a pic of the stones for today but they got blasted away...

mames said...

glad to be back! and happy 09. i love the new layout and feel inspired to get off the old booty and start planning some changes over at my place.

Laura said...

I have a stray Christmas thing or two around.....a lone nutcracker salt shaker....a dying pointsettia.
I must take care of this.
Good for you.
So where are those heart quilts?

Anonymous said...

Does it count that I wore makeup and contacts for the first time since the babies were born today? :-)

Anonymous said...

I just hauled the V-Day stuff in today...the problem...some of the Christmas stuff is still out. Not good my friend.

Don Mills Diva said...

I have finished a bottle of wine tonight.

I am so proud.

Maureen said...

Love your site. I'm totally getting hooked on this Finished for Friday concept!

debi9kids said...

ahhh yes! The "joy" of undecorating... always makes the house look so empty when it's done. I hate it :(

Wendall K said...

Thanks for sharing.. :D~

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs