Thursday, May 20, 2010

Finished for Friday: The Christmas Mystery

Here at last is the Christmas Mystery Block of the Month that was offered by Fat Quarter Shop last year.  I got it done in time - for next Christmas.  Good thing these holidays always come around again.

This is a pretty big quilt, as you can see by the outstretched arms and toes barely visible from my model (Wasabi Girl).  It has some lovely soft blues and nice browns in the mix. 




Some of you might remember that I used the leftover scraps from these blocks to make this doll-sized quilt.  Two samplers for the price of one!

What have you finished up this week?  Link up with a post from this past week showing us a project or book or something that you've managed to check off your list.  Add my button if you'd like, and please link back to me.

I also highly recommend checking out the other participants.  Give them a pat on the back and see some of the amazing creativity out there!







8 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Anonymous said...

Oh my do you know how much I have to fold???

I left a message for you on Facebook about Q Snaps!

I see you have a Kiva ad! My son and my hubbie both have Kiva accts! A great gift!!

Roslyn said...

Such a nice use for the leftovers, now if I just had a little girl with dolls...........

Al said...

What a great quilt and great use of the left over pieces. Thank you for sharing.

Heather said...

Love your sampler quilt. I like all the colours that you have mixed into it.

Alisa said...

Another great quilt! I am always amazed by how much you get done.

Melissa said...

It is a good thing we get the tradition of holidays - hopefully I get the advent calendar done this year!! ;)

Elizabeth said...

That is absolutely gorgeous and I love the doll quilt as well. You are so on top of things -- I'm amazed you've got something finished for this Christmas already! Nice work!

concretenprimroses said...

Its very beautiful! Great job.
Kathy

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs