Thursday, July 11, 2013

Yo Yo Days of Summer


I always have a lot of energy in the summer.  I love the longer days and bounce around between projects and shuttling kids to their various activities.  When I sit down for a few minutes I like to do something quick.  Lately I've been inspired by all the beautiful yo yo quilts on Pinterest so I've started making them out of my 1930s fabrics.  It takes me as long to cut them out as it does to stitch them, which is more about how fast I am at stitching them up.

The family is back to the pattern of never knowing whether we'll have 8 people for dinner or none.  I'm just trying to keep food in the house and go with the flow.  I think my husband gets disappointed when he barbecues and there are a lot of leftovers.  I just love having other kids over. 

Drama Girl is getting serious about looking at colleges and we're exploring scholarship opportunities together.  It's all a bit overwhelming.  There are already deadlines coming up for some of these scholarship essays.  I never went through any of this when I applied to schools.

Check out my Pinterest board full of yo yo goodies here.

1 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Rosemary said...

Best of luck to Drama girl in her essay writing for scholarships and gaining entry to her preferred college.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs