Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Design Wall Wednesday: Cozy Christmas

Playing around with a new project.  Don't look too closely - this sample block has some problems.

Doesn't help that I laid out the whole thing and then did this as I started to sew it together:

Middle section sewed backwards.  I got distracted.  Ugh.  Ripping out on the first block may not be a good omen.  Then again, maybe I have made my mistakes and have it all figured out now.  It sure took some fiddling to figure out which direction I want to press everything.

Continuing backwards in time, this is the number of pieces in each block:

This should keep me busy.  I don't think I'll get it done this Christmas, but it will be fun to work on.  I need 6 of these blocks and 6 tree blocks and then a busy border.

I'm already worried about Christmas since this is one of those years where Thanksgiving happens late so we have a shorter season.  So much we always try to fit in!  Lots of concerts and parties and performances coming up soon.




4 comments:

  1. oh, i love it! i always decide to start a christmas project this time of year and get annoyed i can't finish it by christmas. so silly of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had the same problem when sewing blocks together even when I lay them out correctly beside me. I won't finish the afghan for my sister before Christmas, but she's not holding her breath on it as she knows me too well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful - I love the fabrics that you've chosen and the design.
    I always have problems putting together blocks like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Christmas block. It looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! If you would prefer to email me, my email link is in my sidebar. Because of the high volume of spam, I have had to block anonymous comments.