Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Honeymoon is over, Wii-Fit

That's it. I'm done.

Wasabi Girl stepped on and clicked on her profile. While she was getting assessed do you know what that Wii Fit said to her?

"Have you heard? Mommy's not getting enough exercise."

Well, we all heard *that* thankyouverymuch wii fit! What a blabbermouth! And here we had just spent some quality time together today! What kind of a jerk are you, talking about me behind my back?! What genius in game design thought up that strategy?

And not only that, you have some definite weirdness to you that I'm just beginning to discover. My son has a virtual personal trainer who is male. At one point, Jungle Boy went to do a yoga move and the female trainer showed up and said "I hope you don't mind, I'm filling in for your regular trainer." Whaaaaat? Was he on a virtual coffee break or something?

My son has learned to override the running game by sprinting whenever he sees a dog. Then the dog becomes his guide and they sprint together, until another dog shows up. But if he runs too fast, my virtual son falls on his face on the screen, which is hilarious to the rest of us but is starting to make him mad.

One time my son was running, and as he passed a bunch of miis running different directions, he tripped me! er, mii! um my mii - oh you know what I mean. What the heck? I don't think it's very nice to have him trip his mom.

So really, I'm just about ready to throw you out the window, wii fit. The only thing that saves you is that you told me today that I'm 33. You sly dog you. Flattery works for me every time. I'll let you hang around a little while more, but you really have to keep your mouth shut and behave when we're not together, ok?

5 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Anonymous said...

That is making me laugh so hard. I had no idea that thing keeps track of that and then calls you out! Whatever.

Plus 3 said...

Hi! I found your blog through Angie's. I also had 3 under 2, now they are 3 under 3...fourteen months apart.

I liked your post about statcounter. I'm addicted, too!

Claremont First Ward said...

I really, really want Wii fit but haven't gotten it yet. I so want to go out of my way and trip mii's. Lots and lots of weiis. :) I can guarantee already that that wii is going to be nagging my arse to get moving. I'm a seriously exercise slacker.

Jocasta said...

I've got serious Wii lust!

Love your blog - found my way from Angie's.

What A Card said...

Oh, I didn't know I could trip miis! I can't wait to try it!

My boys figured out they don't have to run...they can just shake the remote. So they "sprint" along, often tumbling on their virtual faces...

Fun.

My wii fit always tells me I'm unbalanced. I'm not sure how it's measuring my mental state!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs