Sunday, June 15, 2008

How to Get Free Wii Games

We have six new free wii games in our house today.

Before last Christmas, the only game system this family had was an Atari Flashback 2.0 that I got my husband for a joke.

Then Santa brought us a wii and our lives haven't been the same.

We live near Electronic Arts, in fact my husband used to do some contract work there. A few months ago I found an ad on Craigslist asking for game testers. I finally signed us up and yesterday we went to play.

We had to sign lengthy non-disclosure agreements so I'm not going to tell you about the game we tested. I will say it was fun to noodle around with a work in progress and find bugs for them. After an hour of play we completed questionaires and discussed what we liked and didn't like. Once they got kids talking about games it was impossible to shut them up. Some kids (and adults too) thought up all kinds of wild and funny enhancements. Drama Girl went on and on.

Then we were paid for our efforts -- in our choice of wii games! We each got to take one. The kids are ecstatic. Drama Girl got Boogie (Microphone Included) Jungle Boy got Boom Blox Wasabi Girl picked Playground I grabbed Smarty Pants: Trivia for Everyone and my husband took The Simpsons Game. That should hold us for a while!

The sad thing is, I'd saved up our member coupons from Best Buy to get my husband a Father's Day gift: We Ski. I've had it hidden away for a few weeks. I think we might have actually reached the point where we have too many games.

Anybody want to come over and play?

(If you live in the San Francisco Bay Area and want to participate, watch Craigslist. EA runs these testing sessions all the time.)

6 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

Ohhhh. Now I see. Had to rush over here to find out what you meant?

We don't have a Wii...but it's sounding like it was a hit for father's day gifts this year.

I think for Christmas we may have to break down...Grandpa lets us use his but it's 3 hours away!

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous, what fun! Still have't found a wii fit yet...

Kristen said...

That is awesome. WIshing I lived there. My son got Bloom Box for his birthday and Star Wars Lego. We are hopelessly addicted!

Heather said...

I am still kicking myself for not buying a WII the one day I went into Best Buy and they had FOUR just sitting there. I haven't seen one available since. My brother has one, though, and we are addicted to it! If we lived in the SF Bay area, he'd be all over this.

Thanks for the digg!

Anonymous said...

How awesome. We have Playstation 3 but of course my kids want a Wii too!

Legit Freebies Guy said...

Nice! Good to be a game tester.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs