Saturday, June 7, 2008

Things My Husband Says While Reading My Blog

"Heh heh, that's something you'd say. . .hey wait, did you start a blog? Is this your blog?"

"Are those our roses?" (Yes, and if you'd turn your chair you'd see them out the window)

"Why do you call her Wasabi Girl?" (She is a gastronomic daredevil. Once when she was about 2 we went to a party where the host had a bowl of those Japanese snacks that included wasabi-covered peas. She stood there and picked them all out and ate them before I caught her. I thought she would be sick but she just wanted more.)

"You don't like flowers?" (No, I've never cared much for bouquets or baskets. The cats get into them. I'd really rather have a plant.)

"Are you making money? Don't you make money every time someone just clicks on those Amazon ads?" (a big no on that one, and that wasn't why I started it)

"That's nice" (translation: I'll never bother to read it again so go ahead with your little hobby.)

9 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Anonymous said...

Okay this totally cracked me up...we have roses? Ha! I love it.

Elizabeth said...

Love it!
My hubby was abit worried that I was not getting my "work" done...Ha, as if I got it all done BEFORE I started blogging!
My In-Laws love it though, they live in Fla & get to see recent photos much more often this way...so there's an up-side!
Blessings, EJT
PS, LOVE your Roses

Shawn said...

We have rules around our house about what is blogable and what isn't ... I disclose mid-act what seems like it would be good. He rolls his eyes.

Love your blog title ... now, if only I could find a way to read lit while doing laundry without watching my girls try and drink bleach or something. Thoughts? : )

Threeundertwo said...

shawn - books on tape. I love them. My library has a lot of titles, I've even bought a few. ebay has tons.

Or if you're more modern than I am, I guess mp3s. Audible.com has downloads.

Jocasta said...

Have had similar conversations!

Cheryl Lage said...

Are we married to the same man? ;)
Every time I mention something funny/entertaining/enlightening I've read on a blog, my husband gets a bit tickled, and I think he's making every effort to suppress rolling his eyes. (Although I know he does appreciate that family/friends can check in for free...)

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

With my husband working so much, sometimes, my blog is a great way for him to keep up-to-date on what the kids and I are doing.

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

Oh my gosh, I can so relate to this! My husband laughs at me, and then talks all about how he needs to start his own blog. He keeps telling me we should start one together that would be a 'he said/she said' thing. He always remembers our past experiences completely different than I do!

zakkalife said...

well, that fact that he even reads it is something

my husband pretty much avoids mine at all costs

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs