Monday, July 14, 2008

Seven Songs of Summer

I love memes. Such a great way to totally embarrass myself. I've been tagged by Elizabeth to list my seven songs.


The rules of this tag are: List seven songs that you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your Summer of 2008. Post these instructions in your blog, along with your 7 songs. Then tag 7 other people to see what their favorites are this year!


The irony is, I recently made a youtube playlist of seven songs that I've been playing daily. Seven songs, just like the meme. Meant to be. As in, it's meant to be that I show what a total dork I am.



I set this going on my laptop every evening while I do the dishes. Because it's all about housework around here. The full list is as follows:

"Happy Working Song" from Disney's "Enchanted"
"Hi Ho" from Disney's "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs"
"Girls Just Want to Have Fun" -- Cyndi Lauper
"She Works Hard for the Money -- Donna Summer
"Mr Clean Jingle"
"Whistle While You Work" from Disney's "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs"
"We Can Do It!" from Disney's "Cinderella"

I know. Pathetic. But it gets the dishes done.

Who I'm tagging:
  • The fabulous twins at Twinfatuation. I absolutely love their "Tuesday Twinterviews" and I bet they have some favorite songs.
  • Monkey Memories, a great kindergarten teacher who is doing a training program called "Couch to 5k." I believe she is actually at Disneyland this week though.
  • Maddie Lynn at "My Favorite Things." A very young, very talented little blogger. Go check her out!
  • The Bouf kids. Whoever wants to can make their own list. Of course, since they're better at all this stuff than I am, they will probably have incredible multimedia presentations. I can't wait to see what everyone picks.
I'm sure to get at least a few Disney songs out of that crowd! Hopefully they'll make me look less silly.

5 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

1) SOOO glad you didn't tag me!
oh my a music meme...

2) your songs are sad, but in a weird kind of way just right?

3) will you come do my dishes? you can even bring your weirdly right on songs!

Bob and Jenn Peacock said...

You have to love songs that get the dishes done!

Cheryl Lage said...

I LOVE your song selections (particularly the Snow White and the Seven Dwarves number)!

Oh dear heaven, Darren and Sarah are THRILLED to have been tapped for their first meme....which will indeed provide Tuesday Twinterview fodder for tomorrow.

And in reciprocal fashion, get ready...we're gonna do a carnival as per your suggestion...Id like to hear what your kids are listening to! ;)

Anonymous said...

Great song lists!

scrappysue said...

i loved enchanted! thanks for visiting my blog

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs