Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sunday House Walk-through

I picked up my camera to record a few things around the house today.

First up, this bag that was under the kitchen sink is absolutely full of batteries. Every week or so I suggest we put them out for the recycling pickup. Every week we forget. This bag is going to burst soon from the weight of all these old batteries.

I got Drama Girl a new handbag that she really wanted. Then I saw it on the table and noted that she has already accessorized it with cool bling. I've resigned myself to the new truth; from here on out she will always be way cooler than I am.

Wasabi Girl and Jungle Boy in matching shirts, coordinated pants/shorts and bare feet. They like to dress alike sometimes and often ask for matching tee-shirts when we go shopping. They've got their Disney dream books slung over their shoulders. They are completely ready for our Disneyland trip, which is three weeks away.

While they were putting together their tote bags for the car trip, Jungle Boy found his mini etch-a-sketch and made this:

7 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Anonymous said...

I never thought about blinging out my purse.

The etch-a-sketch...this is why we are Mom's.

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!

Cheryl Lage said...

You've tagged this absolutely correctly: Your kids do rock!

Crazymamaof6 said...

love the matching! and the new blinged out purse. he's got some mad skillz on the etch a sketch!

Jocasta said...

The etch-a-sketch - WOW I'm impressed!!!

Claremont First Ward said...

Oh, that etch a sketch message is so sweet. How long have you been collecting those batteries? I think my 8 year old knows she's way cooler than me already. Sigh.

The Apron Queen said...

Yea for great kids! About the shopping... I love me some Super Wal Mart. Go in for milk and come out with a million things. Realize I brought the little car, not the SUV! :)

For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs