Friday, August 22, 2008

Blog friend spotlight

Want a dose of retro cool with some great humor thrown in? Take a visit over to Amy's site today "I Love Retro Things."

I love her header. People who know me in person know I have a thing for plates. I've held back on showing you my full plate obsession on Vintage Thingies Thursdays, but suffice to say, I could name all the lines of plates in her header without the tags.

She is such a wonderful mom, she bakes goodies for her kids lunches. Go check out her recipe for banana chocolate cupcakes!

If I lived near Amy, I would want to flip through all of her vintage magazines and borrow her steamy novels. Go check out the covers! Great stuff.

But I don't live near Amy, because she's in New Zealand. But through the wonder of the internet, we can visit her as if she's next door.

****************************************************************************

Next you need to visit my blog friend Laura, of "Catholic Teacher Musings." I love her blog. Her avatar is a picture of Jan from The Brady Bunch. She's a big fan of the Brady Bunch, which proves we are long lost sisters. I never missed an episode of that show.

She's starting a trend with Bad Haiku Friday, but I think my favorite poem of hers is an anti-ode to Dana Torres. Go read it now. It needs to be published somewhere.

My only fear is that she prints out my blog and takes a red pen to it every day, since she admits to being a grammer dork. I'm sure I flunk!

I love Laura's writing, and she's also a a real-life pal of another of my favorites, Cheryl from Twinfatuation. Their broken playdate left *me* in tears.


So in honor of these two great bloggers, I am passing along this award I recently received:

I hope you enjoy it ladies, as much as I enjoy your blogs. And Laura, what's for dinner? Pork chops and applesauce?

5 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Laura said...

First: I love that your comments say that I am stopping folding laundry...because I HATE folding laundry so I try to leave it in an annoying place so my sweet adorable husband will fold it...he folds like a GAP employee. Major marriage perk.
Second: I am a grammar dork, but nearly every one of my posts has errors in it. I decided to stop freaking about it....be "chill" I'm actually surprised that on one has told me to stop acting like I don't split an infinitive or two.
Third: I am so very humbled by your kind words about, well, everything. I have sent that poem to a few places- we'll see.
I am sending the praise right back. I enjoy the wit and creativity of your blog (as well as the nick names of your kids).

What is the name for someone who comments on a blog as though it is HIS/HER own blog? That is what I am doing right now. Could this be any longer?
Seriously.
This is pretty long.

Pork chops and applesauce...I'll make that as soon as Cindy loses her lisp.

A thousand thank yous for your kindnesses. (And I am already loving this retro blog- automatic "favorite."

Anonymous said...

I love Amy's site too!
And I am going to check out the Catholic Teacher one too....now THAT sounds interesting!!

Amy said...

What a cool writeup! thanks :-)

DebD said...

Oh, I love finding new blogs. Thanks for the tips. And I'd flunk if anyone came to check the grammar at my blog too - I'm dreadful at it. The typo's don't help either.

Kira said...

I left you an award on my blog =)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs