Saturday, August 23, 2008

We're Cheesy!

A while back, I wrote some haiku about some beloved cheese. The cheese company found it. The cheese company started following me on Twitter. The cheese company was so impressed, they promised to deliver some cheese!

The cheese got lost, probably robbed by cheese bandits en route. I was crushed. But the cheese company was determined to thank me for my lame haiku. So they sent me this; a nice note on official cheese company note cards (who ever heard of such a thing).


But along with the note, a big box of swag for the kids! Cow toys! cow pens! a magnet and magnet frame! cow tattoos! a cheese slicer (my husband is very excited about that one!) cheesy coloring books! a cow and cheese calendar!

Best of all, we got these cow hats. The kids, being hilarious as they are, have been wearing them almost nonstop. I may have to intervene to prevent them from wearing them to school.


So thanks, Tillamook cheese, for all the fun silly goodies. They're right up our ally.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to write a sonnet to a diamond company. . .

13 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Unknown said...

How fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I would stay, but I have to leave RIGHT.THIS.SECOND. to go write my haiku to Lexus.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! We went to the factory a few years back!

Scary Mommy said...

That is amazing!!!! Seriously. Haiku writing has never seemed so cool!!!!

Laura said...

or a ballad to a Mercedes Benz company... how cool is that?

Cheryl Lage said...

You think that the Circus Peanut people might be hungry for a li'l laudatory poetry? ;)

Amy said...

how cool! oooh yeah diamonds really are a girls best friend - wonder if you'll get anything back? LOL

Kira said...

How fun!! It's not every day a company takes its time to send out packages to a customer who writes blogs about their company. It sounds like you may have some cheese-filled fans out there! =)

I'm glad I'm not the only one with a Tillamook obsession. I think my love for it started when my grandma (now watching over me in heaven) would make grilled cheese sandwhiches with their sharp cheddar cheese whenever I was at her house! Ever since she started that habit, any sort of sandwhich is not a 'real' grandma style sandwhich without it! And who doesn't love their grandma's cooking? =)

Thankfully they sell several of the tillamook cheeses in our local grocery stores.

Congrats on landing such a cute, fun filled package!

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so awesome! I'm in Tillamook country right now!

Anonymous said...

That's brilliant! I am so happy Tillamook came through in the end. If I ever see it up here in Canada i will buy some!

Unknown said...

That is so funny! Maybe I should share my poem about tuna fish that I wrote in the 4th grade!

Anonymous said...

Yes, we were determined to thank you for that poem. I am so glad you loved the Tillamook goodies. The picture of your daughter in the Tillamook hat made my day. I had a lot of fun putting that box together, and I'm glad we could make your day. Best wishes as the new school year starts for you and your family!

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

That's great! Free stuff is always good.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs