Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Prince Charming

You put up with a lot around here. Chaos, menu experiments, new trees to plant. Just when you got used to the idea of one baby you found yourself with two more.

You're the tall guy we joke about never seeing, but the reality is you are more in the moment and there for us when you are home than my father ever was. You are a modern parent who changed his share of diapers and knows his way around a kitchen.

You clean up the cat poop. Not just when the poor 17 year old cats get lost and forget where the box is, but you clean out that box every day.

You watch chick flicks with me, vintage Bugs Bunny cartoons with the kids, and enjoy every trip to the circus and the zoo and Disneyland.

You endure every piano recital, ballet recital and school concert. You go to softball games, little league games, musical productions. You even remember to take pictures.

You held my hand when I decided to have the first baby without drugs. You held the oxygen mask when all the chaos happened with the emergency c-section of that second twin.

You send me flowers, buy me chocolates, pour the wine and let me win at Gin Rummy sometimes.

You let me blog, because it keeps me entertained.

You know that chocolates and flowers are great, but a gift certificate to my favorite quilt store makes me delirious.

Your motto is "Dream big, fall hard" and we all know you're joking.

You volunteered to be a scout leader, even though you didn't really want to do it. You embraced the role with enthusiasm and are inspiring our son to be a great man.

You are teaching our daughters that there are wonderful men who can be kind and can be trusted.

You've helped me become the best person I could possibly be, and I can't imagine my life without you.

I love you. Happy Birthday.

14 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday to your dh!

Laura said...

Awww.
That's all.
Just awwww.

Eileen said...

You have a keeper. Hope your girls do as well. :-)

Unknown said...

Awww, Happy Birthday Prince Charming!

Mom/Mum said...

Awww. That was lovely.

Anonymous said...

OMG...sniffling...you just know he loves his! Happy Birthday.

Cheryl Lage said...

Weeping openly. Can I hire you to write mine for my husband next month?

What a wonderful blessing (that I share with you, but my own version) to have such an incredible man.

Happy Birthday to yours...Hope you have a wonderful celebration.

Anonymous said...

gosh dang it.
After that post I love him too.

Happy Birthday Prince.
Sure I am married already but if the lit and laundry start getting to you- I can be there quik. I am just sayin.

:)

Alisa said...

How sweet. Happy Birthday to your DH.

em's scrapbag said...

Happy B-day to your hubby. And cheers to all the wonderful Prince Charmings out there. Who know what it means to be a real man.

Kellan said...

Happy Birthday to your Sweet Heart - Hope it was wonderful!

Kellan

Anissa Mayhew said...

Love, it's a good thing.

Let me know if you ever decide to get rid of him, I'll put in a bid.

Happy birthday to the DH!

Anonymous said...

Big tears and I am forwarding to my single friends to make the point - there are good men out there (and this one is my brother)! And he is just as lucky to have you! What a beautiful tribute - made my day!

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

I love that you love each other so much and have a great relationship. More people need to see that in this world.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs