Friday, October 3, 2008

Same house, different planets

Lit and Laundry

related [litandlaundry.blogspot.com]
Lit and Laundry

*Sigh*

Here we go. Let the 'age of me' begin. I love my Drama Girl but her attention doesn't go much farther than her own navel these days.

How do you combat that sense of entitlement? I don't think I've really spoiled her that much, but she has her moments when there's just a little too much diva for me.

Can't wait until I have three teenagers.

Actually, I can.

8 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Laura said...

a) I love these cartoons.
b) I have rooms full of these sweet- but entitled young people all day.
I laugh when they say outrageous ME things.
Because sometimes that's all that's left.

Eileen said...

gad.. she sounds exactly like my niece. But the other day I found my 6th grade diary.. it was quite a humbling experience.

Jillybean said...

We have a few like that too.

I think my favorite is the "I don't think I should have to do those chores because............"

LuAnn said...

If you can just hang on, when they get to their mid 20s and older, they become great human beings that are functional members of society. It helps a lot when they are out on their own and can really see the value of the dollar and what it takes to earn it. Good luck.

Alisa said...

Glad to know it's not just my kid. Sometimes I look at her in awe, wondering if I bought her one too many Polly Pockets. I guess it's just a stage eh?

Anonymous said...

Please figure this out and get back to me within 5 years. Thank you.

Des said...

My response to this and other enlightening wants and 'needs' that my children throw at me is: "OH, honey, I want you to have a fancy ipod too!! As soon as you can afford it, you let me know and I'll drive you to the store. I want my kids to have everything they've ever wanted and can afford. " *kiss, kiss, hug, hug* And honestly, I truly mean it. I have a saver and a spender. One will save and save for the 'ipod' and the other will spend all their income on gum. It's just so darn fun to watch it all play out before my eyes. I love being a parent!

Anonymous said...

Oh I can't wait for the teenage years...gulp. I'm scared.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs