Tuesday, December 2, 2008

3 AM

I should be sleeping, but I can't. My mind refuses to shut down. Why?

In a few hours I'm scheduled for an MRI, and I'm nervous about it. Nervous that I wont be able to lie still that long. Nervous that the results will or will not show the reason for my chronic pain. I'm counting on this new doctor finding what he thinks he will, and that it can be fixed. Wish me luck.

I'm also awake thinking about the PTA meeting last night. I know, sounds silly. What could be so important? I'm the treasurer, and there is a situation with money that has been discovered. Let your imagination run wild, because it's certainly worse than I could have imagined. I'll leave it at that.

Life is always interesting, isn't it? And that's why I love reading blogs. I read these two posts yesterday, and I really want to share them with you.

If you haven't read Chookyblue, I think you will find her blog and photographs fascinating. Read this post from yesterday. It's a jaw-dropper. Puts one's life in perspective.

And then there's the news from Natalie. I feel privileged to be able to read it.

If I can't sleep, I can only imagine the thoughts running through the heads of these women. Posts like those are what make the world of blogging and bloggers so fascinating. I read and comment, you read and comment. It's 3 am and I have things on my mind. Chookyblue and Natalie have very different things on their minds.

I feel very privileged to have every reader, follower, subscriber that I do. Thank you for being here for me. And now that I've got my thoughts off my chest and I'm getting sleepy, it's time to find out:

What has the elf been up to?

Since it is the middle of the night, I'm not going to dig out the camera and make noise, but I will say, that Jungle Boy left his big zippered binder sitting out on the dining table. I believe there is now a stowaway in that binder. Remains to be seen if the stowaway is discovered before the kids go to school.

16 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck on your MRI today. I'll be sending good thoughts your way!

What A Card said...

Sending good thoughts today. I hope the MRI goes well.

Jillybean said...

The MRI isn't that bad. You don't need to lay still the entire time, just a few minutes at a time, you should get breaks in between scans. The worst part is the noise, it's loud, but they should give you some earplugs.

Good luck, I'll be thinking of you today.

Cheryl Lage said...

Hey Doll-
Keeping good thoughts for your MRI (truly, I like 'em. When else do you get a chance to recline and have NO demands other than "be still" placed upon you?) In all seriousness, here's hoping that a good diagnosis can be drawn from the results.

On the treasurer ordeal, it will shake out, It will. Try to be at peace.

Believe me, the feeling is mutual regarding blog friend appreciation. You're high on my list.

All the best, and keep us in the loop.

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i hope that your mri goes well! good luck today!

Liz Jimenez said...

Good luck with the MRI, I hope it shows something clear and easily remedied.

Laura said...

I'm sorry you have so many worries that are keeping you from sleeping.
(I just said a prayer for your MRI results to be worry-free ones.)

LauraC said...

Good luck with the MRI and best wishes that you will be fixed. One hard thing about the blogworld is that you can always find someone going through something worse and something better, but that does not mean that you do not have a right to your own feelings and emotions when things are tough (or good).

Scary Mommy said...

I'll be thinking of you today--- hope it goes well and you figure out what's going on!

Coloradolady said...

I will be thinking about you today, and hope all goes well with he MRI. I know you are worried about that, I would be too. take care my friend.

Des said...

Good Luck today! I'll be thinking of you. I hope you receive the answers you're looking for.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. You are RIGHT! The dog poster IS incorrect grammer! I didn't even notice so I had to go find one that was correct. :-D I updated it and put a little shout out to you and your website on my blog.

I hope you MRI goes well today ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

Best of luck today! Thinking of you and sending good thoughts. Count handbags as your MRI happens...that's what I would do, anyway.

(Hey we should have called each other at 3 am, I was awake!)


(Dawn)

Sheila said...

I'm sending you positive vibes. I hope that everything went okay. I will check back later!

Anonymous said...

Good luck at the MRI! Sending you good thoughts and hopefully your pain goes away soon!

Boy oh boy do I feel you on the money/PTA situation. I had a NIGHTMARE about dealing with the band & colorguard's bank accounts a few nights ago. I was in a bad mood the entire rest of the day. Then I went to leave work tonight and wound up in an impromptu booster club meeting about finances and funds etc. The chaos and unorganized manner of the booster club has left me in a tizzy. It's way too much stress to deal with and really isn't in my job description but I get stuck with it anyways. Yikes!!

Again, sending good thoughts and vibes your way in hopes all your troubles and pains will begin to melt away...and fast! =)

Chookyblue...... said...

Hi thanks for your kind words re our harvest loss..........and you survived the MRI.....they would never be good.........

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs