Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cookie Chaos

Saturday was our annual cookie party. The intent was, as always, to decorate beautiful cookies and exchange dozens of the home-baked delicacies. I used to do this with my girlfriends before I had kids, and I have fond memories of those lovely afternoons.

Let me warn you right now, if you want to see beautiful cookies, you better click over to The Glamorous Life Association and read about her cookie party. Or if you want to see children cooperating and building a beautiful gingerbread house, head on over to Who Says 8 is Enough? because you wont find any of that stuff here. We do it big and messy. With extra sprinkles.

Drama Girl with her BFF. The table is loaded with naked gingerbread cookies, dozens of little bowls and teacups of frosting, and sprinkles galore. We had 13 kids all at the table at once. I didn't seem to have a free hand to grab the camera at that point.

Wasabi Girl enjoying one of her coookies by the chocolate fountain. You have to be a real masochist to set up a chocolate fountain and sharp objects when you have a house full of pre-teens on a sugar high.

The finished cookies ran the gamut from cute to sprinkle overload. Funny thing, the kids didn't seem to mind eating them anyway.

Jungle Boy and his friend decorated amputee cookies, complete with "blood" on the stumps. Lovely. I have no idea what shape that red blob was previously. I can vouch that there is a cookie under there though.

I did this one. It's one of my favorite symbols of the season.

What has the elf been up to?

The kids didn't find him this morning, but I happen to know he's been sampling the eggnog ice cream.

14 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Anonymous said...

You brave brave soul! All those kids and all those cookies and decorations! Wow and then, Wow again!

Looks like you had a blast, and so did the kids.

*lol* I just realized where the Elf was. LOL!!! That's great!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Love your UPS cookie. hah!!! I've never participated in a cookie exchange. Looks like so much fun!!!

Cheryl Lage said...

It has been YEARS since I've been involved in a cookie exchange, but you've inspired me....
Maybe next year!

(And I think all the cookies are lovely!)

Laura said...

Looks like fun to me.
My cookie exchange is this Sunday.
We have been doing it for over 20 years.
I will be posting about it.

Melinda said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting! And yes, nothing quite says Christmas like a festively decorated Deere...except maybe a UPS truck : )

Debbie said...

Cute, cute! I love the cookies. Especially the UPS one.

Jocasta said...

Looks like so much fun - maybe we will give it a go next year!

Scary Mommy said...

LOL! I love cookie parties- we went to one over the weekend and the kids had a blast. Those are adorable!

Browndirtcottage said...

ooouuuu...soon to be 'fat' elf!


wish i had one of those 'over kill' with the sprinkles cookies right now!

Anonymous said...

I would have planted myself next to that fountain and not moved. That's my kinda partee.

debi9kids said...

Looks like a fantastic time! the cookies look wonderful!
ps thanks for the linky love :)

Anonymous said...

I bet your party was more fun though.

Sheila said...

We had our cookie party last weekend too. We had a blast & plan to do it again next year. We didn't make ginger bread houses, so we will have to try that next year. Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs