Friday, December 26, 2008

Finished for Friday: The 12 Dishes of Christmas

(To the tune of "The 12 Days of Christmas")

On the Night of Christmas Eve I made for the family I love:

12 Ginger-chocolate chip biscotti

11 Fresh-baked dinner rolls

10 Mounds of garlic mashed potatoes

9 Types of crackers for the cheese ball

8 Black olives for kids' pinkies

7 Cups of cornbread stuffing

6 Big scoops of cranberry-orange relish

5 Splashes of red wine reduction gravy

4 Heaps of green beans

3 Bowls of spinach-feta dip

2 Pounds of chocolate in the fountain

And a roast goose with molasses glaze.


OK, I didn't actually make the crackers or the olives or the chocolate. I did make everything else from scratch though, and I managed to knit a few last-minute scarves, and wrapped a bunch of gifts. I'm counting those as things I finished this week.

Join in and let us know about your holiday accomplishments!

5 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Browndirtcottage said...

......VOTE FOR DUNCAN........!

Anonymous said...

My mouth is watering, I also want some olives for all my fingers.

annieology said...

I came from a comment that said three under two. I had that a couple of years back. Glad to see it's not terminal. We had five week old twins placed with us in February '05 and in September '05 their 1 year old brother joined us. Their mama also had a baby in November of '05, but we were up to our ears in crazy at that point, so she is living with another family where she can get the attention every princess deserves. Anyway, looking forward to reading up on your adventures.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...yummy. You were very productive indeed. Glad you had a yummy holiday!

Patty said...

I wish I had dinner at your house. Spinach feta dip sounds really good. I only made the Knorr kind. .

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs