Friday, January 30, 2009

Finished for Friday: Doll quilt

Lit and Laundry

Welcome old and new readers to my weekly incentive plan to get projects done. Join in with a link to a project you've completed recently. Mine happen to be crafty - yours might be a clean closet or a book you've read. Thanks for playing along!

Today's finish is a doll quilt, made from blocks leftover from a quilt I made for Wasabi Girl. I hand-quilted it, which gives it even more of that authentic "made by an incompetant 7 year old" look.

The girls have outgrown dolls for the most part, but they both begged to have it. I think it's going on my mini-quilt wall for the time being.

Now let's see what you've been up to. And don't forget! Today is the last day to enter my giveaway for a pair of troll totes!

17 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Steph said...

FINALLY, I have a Finished for Friday post. GO, ME!!

Anyway, I think that quilt is adorable, and I'd be wicked proud of myself if I'd made it.

Cheryl Lage said...

Like Steph, I have really actually crafted something this week...HOORAY! (Don't faint!)

LOVE the sweet doll quilt...AND the new web look! Loved your roses, and the tulips were nice, but this color palette, layout and vintage-y feel seem to suit what I know of you! :) Do you like it?

LauraC said...

I love playing along on this!

Beth said...

I love your new blog header. ;o)

~Beth

Cathi said...

Adorable doll quilt! At one point I had decided to spend a year making doll's quilts -- such a great way to test out fabric combinations, patterns, quilting ideas - but I didn't follow through. This reminded me.

Liz Jimenez said...

Adorable! I need to do something fun with my fabric scraps, that might be the way to go.

And I love the new blog look!

FaithChick said...

Very cute. It has been a long time since I have quilted. I think I need to pick it up again.

I was working on an afghan to have done today but the snowy weather and kids being home from school kind of ruined that idea. Maybe next week.

The Raggedy Girl said...

I am going to work really hard to finish something so I can join in. This is really a fun meme.
Have a Great Friday!
Roberta Anne

mames said...

the header is so great! i have to fancy mine up someday. love yours.

the doll quilt is also very sweet. the hand quilt look is authentic and and makes it just right. feeling inspired to quilt now. :)

Anonymous said...

Cute! Makes me want to try and do one for my daughter. I am doing this vitual quilting bee, but I am certainly not a quilter.

Lindsay-ann said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful doll quilt. It's gorgeous.
Have a great weekend.
Lindsay

Unknown said...

I too, love your new blog design! And that quilt is precious!.

Scary Mommy said...

Love it, so sweet!!! And I too, LOVE your new blog design! Gorgeous!

Debbie said...

If you think that work of art looks incompetent, I will never let you see anything I have done!

Shan said...

Totally adorable! I really wish that was a skill I had!

Eileen said...

Wow!.. you have totally changed your blog again since last time i was here.
I think you did a super job on the doll quilt. I was totally out of it yesterday. :-(

Laura said...

I have to do something crafty soon. Any ideas for a novice craft person?
I might just be framing some photos...will that count?

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs