Thursday, April 16, 2009

Finished for Friday: Holiday Mash-up

Lit and Laundry


It's almost Easter for us, so my brain and crafting planning is jumping ahead to what I need to do next. For Christmas, I've got this month's block of the month done on the Christmas quilt.


I've got the first three blocks done on a big Halloween quilt called "Hocuspocusville" from Crabapple Hill. It will have a total of 12 embroidered blocks. Wish me luck on getting this all done before Halloween.





I love the funny little details in this quilt. "Toil and Trouble Employment Agency." Snicker.

There are several references to the Wizard of Oz and Harry Potter. It actually stitches up pretty quickly since there are no color changes.

I'd like to make something for the 4th of July, but it's almost too late. I'm that slow to finish things.

Did you get any projects done this week? Maybe something around the house? Finish a book? If you have a recent post, I'd love to have you link up and share. Then please visit the other participants. And have a happy holiday, whatever the next one is for you.

13 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Cathi said...

Your blocks look fantastic! The Gail Pan Christmas blocks are something I desperately want to get started on soon!

Liz Jimenez said...

Wow! Impressive forethought, though I totally understand how it requires that much thought in order to get something done in time! I bow to your embroidery, it's something that I would have no patience for. But it's lovely!!

The Mother said...

How is it, madam, that you alwasy manage to get something finished for Friday?

I usually don't comment on Friday, just 'cause you make me feel so dang inadequate.

But now I'm really getting trounced. I haven't even STARTED anything this week.

GHEEZSH.

Bea said...

I love the blocks for your Halloween quilt. That little tornado on the lost dog sign is too cute.

Have a Happy Easter!

Carrie said...

I love Halloween stuff and this is very cool! The only thing we've finished in the FoxTwins world is a stomach bug for Mama and Daddy and 6 Mmonth shots for the babies. Not nearly as much fun, but we're still glad they are finished!!

Alisa said...

Those are so neat. I love them. Tempts me to try my hand at a quilt, again! Hope the hip is starting to feel better.

Patty said...

I love that Halloween quilt! What totally fun patterns. I didn't finish anything (again) this week. I keep starting new stuff and then losing interest. Hey, were you a Blue Bird too? My sister was one but didn't go on to be a Camp Fire Girl.

Miri said...

I love that you're working on Halloween projects now! They are adorable...love the lost dog notice.

I never seem to finish anything on Friday...have to work on that :)

debi9kids said...

You are incredible to be working on these already! Well done & they look just awesome too!

HeatherV said...

You get the overachiever award for already working on Halloween creations.

I havn't posted my typical Friday List as I have been out of town for the past weekends.

But I have been busy so a mega post is coming!!!!

Laura said...

Love these.
Happy EASTER!!!

Brossettelewis said...

Those Halloween ones are awesome. Dare I think I can start and finish a project like that?

DebD said...

so sorry you cannot make tonight's joyous feast - I'm sure you'll enjoy the bounty tomorrow though! ;) Keep well.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs