Thursday, April 30, 2009

Finished for Friday: Ornaments

This week (okay, actually late Thursday night) I finished up a couple of ornaments for this Christmas. These will be gifts, and have been personalized on the backs.

For some reason I decided to finish this like a real stocking, with lining, so I could put a tiny present in it. Sadly, my brain cramped when it came to remembering how to do a stocking with a lining, so this took about 3x as long as it should have.



I might add trim around the edge of this one too, but it still counts as a finish for today.

Lit and Laundry


Please join in, with any recent post showing something you've finished. A book, a project, a sandwich. Whatever. I promise to come and applaud. Please visit the other brave souls who link up too. You can find my button over in my sidebar if you'd like to put it in your blog. Thanks, and have a great weekend!

10 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Laura said...

I hate squirrels but I love the cute littel squirrel on your ornament.

HeatherV said...

cute, cute, cute

Not posting today as we are about to leave for a weekend trip to VEGAS with friends! But never fear, much has been done and marked off the ever present TO DO List!

Liz Jimenez said...

Super cute, and way to be ahead of the gift-giving game! Geez, I should probably think ahead to see if anyone is getting something handmade for Christmas or Hannukah this year.... Otherwise it'll probably never happen!

Liz Jimenez said...

Oh, and my finished project is now linked to my new, crafty blog! Wohoo for a sewing and fabric addiction!
www.teenytinyquilts.com

The Mother said...

I finished one of the seven interlibrary loan books that I have only a week to read.

It's not as cool as a cross stitched Christmas ornament, but I learned an awful lot about ancient Greek philosophy.

Do I get any points?

Bea said...

Your stitching is so good. Love the ornaments.

Alisa said...

Beautiful. Those are some very lucky recipients.

What A Card said...

I'm not sure if I'm impressed or annoyed you're already working on Christmas :)

I meant to post my "first time to Chuck E Cheese" as a Finished for Friday, but I forgot! I'll have to go back and shoot a perfect game of skee ball and take a picture for the next "Finished for Friday"! (Hee, I wish!)

domesticish diva said...

Wahoo! I actually got something done for Friday! Thanks for the inspiration!

Muthering Heights said...

They turned out very well! :)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs