Thursday, May 28, 2009

Finished for Friday: Embroidery Week

I'm still having trouble walking down the stairs to the dungeon where my sewing machine lives, so this week was all about embroidery. First the Christmas block for this month:


This is the next block for my "Hocuspocusville" quilt.


And this is a tea towel that will be a gift for someone special.



Lit and Laundry


What have you finished up this week? Join in and let us know what you've checked off your list. Doesn't have to be crafty - that's just me. Feel free to grab a button from my sidebar.

9 people stopped folding laundry to write:

HeatherV said...

While a busy week I wrote a different Friday post. I will be writing a mega Pre-3rd birthday party post NEXT friday as Bday prep is in full on mode.

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your stairs.

Bea said...

I too am doing tea towels for Christmas gifts. Love those flamingos.

Alisa said...

Absolutely gorgeous! You are so talented.
I finished the week off with my sanity. Well, most of it anyway.

Patty said...

I can't wait to see the Hocuspocusville quilt when it's all finished because I love those patterns. Too bad I can't go to Hester's to pick some caramel apples. I hope you can soon do the stairs agin.

Beth said...

Yay--my first Finished for Friday! I'm so impressed with your accomplishments, though. Ages ago, before I had kids and a husband, I took a smocking class with the intention of learning picture smocking. Maybe I'll pick it up again someday! Seeing your handiwork is inspiring!

Roslyn said...

Maybe it was a blessing you couldn't get to your sewing machine, nice work!

Wendy said...

Love that Peace block. Adorable!

Eileen said...

I think I'd have to have the sewing machine brought up. Although it is fun to sew by hand, and you can surprise yourself with all that can actually be done.
:-)

Miri said...

Great embroideries!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs