Sunday, May 17, 2009

Lucky 8

My blog friend Bea of Bea's Blabber has tagged me for an "8 facts" meme. Some of her answers were so good I'm going to borrow them. You'll have to go visit her to see which ones.

8 things I'm looking forward to:

  1. The upcoming end of school means the end of several volunteer jobs that are wearing me out.
  2. When my kids learn to drive and can shuttle themselves from place to place (I know, be careful what you wish for)
  3. My roomba to come in the mail. Why didn't I order one of these sooner?
  4. Being able to walk again
  5. Being able to go up and down stairs again
  6. Getting rid of my cane
  7. Saying goodbye to my physical therapist
  8. Being able to put on socks
8 things I did yesterday:
  1. Watched "Titanic" with the kids while we ate gummy fish and lifesavers (I always try to get an appropriate dinner or snack to go with family movie night).
  2. Started reading a new book
  3. Laundry, lots of it
  4. Worked on a quilt
  5. Embroidered
  6. Congratulated Wasabi Girl on finishing her softball season
  7. Had a heart-to-heart with Drama Girl about the consequences of losing a cell phone
  8. Helped Jungle Boy figure out how to beat the Zelda game on his DS Lite
8 things I wish I could do:
  1. Write better
  2. Upholster furniture
  3. Be in two places at once
  4. Give enough money to our school district to keep it afloat
  5. Stop global warming
  6. End poverty
  7. Finish quilts faster
  8. Keep dirt out of the house
8 shows I watch on television:
  1. Tricky question for me, since we don't watch any t.v.
I'm supposed to tag 8 more people, but I've lost track of who I've tagged already for these things. Volunteers welcome. Let's see if any of your 8's match mine.

4 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Laura said...

I love that you get appropriately themed snacks for your family movie night. I can't wait to have kids so I can do that, too! I guess I could do it now with my husband as I'm pretty sure he'd roll his eyes and get a kick out of it.

Have a great week!

Lindsay-ann said...

I hope that the 8 things you are looking forward to happen for you very soon.
I don't watch much TV either!
Lindsay

The Mother said...

I love my Roomba. But I love my Scooba even more.

Cheryl Lage said...

Lifesavers during Titanic. I love you, ThreeUnder. ;)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs