Thursday, May 14, 2009

Finished for Friday: Sometimes flowers are green


Here is another block for "A Christmas Wish" from Gail Pan. I was halfway through the flowers when I realized I'd misread the instructions decided to use my artistic license and made the flowers green and the leaves white. I might do this block over. Or I might keep it, because 1) who will notice? and 2) it will remind me of how distracted I am all the time right now. Lots of things going on.


These are the last 2 blocks for the Christmas Mystery block of the month from Fat Quarter Shop. Now it's time to put that whole quilt together. I haven't been able to sew much lately though, because it's hard to negotiate the stairs down to the dungeon where my sewing machine lives.


Here is another finished ornament for someone special. I hope everyone wants handmade ornaments this year. My kids think this is so funny because it just says "Merry." "Merry what mom?" I think it speaks for itself. I like simple statements like this.

Lit and Laundry

Now it's your turn! Share what you've checked off your list this week. Doesn't have to be crafty, that's just me. Grab the code for the button from my sidebar if you'd like.

10 people stopped folding laundry to write:

HeatherV said...

Like that you took artistic liberty with the flowers. I wouldn't redo. Nice to look back and remember rationale for why you didn't follow the directions.

One of my students wrote this amazing essay that was submitted and published on NPR's This I Believe. Her theme was all about taking chances and NOT doing somthing the way expected.

Your post made me think of how many times we second guess ourselves.

Beautiful work as always!

Unknown said...

I love must Merry!
If you're a reader, stop by my blog, I'm giving away six books by Michael Connolly.

domesticish diva said...

That's for the inspiration again!!! You never cease to amaze me by the ammount of work you get done!

Dena said...

You know, the Native Americans believe that if you have an unintentional mistake in your project, it is a good luck charm and protects it from evil spirits.
At least that's what my stepmom used to tell me. ;)

Patty said...

I like how the white and green looks. I would leave it be.

The Mother said...

Once again, you have shown me up. The only thing I actually finished was the laundry. Exciting, huh?

Oh, and the next installment of the history of motherhood. NOT easy.

Bea said...

Leave the block alone. It looks good and no one will notice. Love the quilt block with the paisley. Can't wait to see the quilt when it is done.

Browndirtcottage said...

Wow...you have been very productive...and even a jump start on Christmas....I'm impressed!!

Lindsay-ann said...

I loved seeing your beautiful stitching. I especially like the stitching of 'hope'.
Lindsay

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

I wouldn't have noticed it was done 'artistically' if you had not mentioned it. And yes, I do like ornaments and don't mind getting them for Christmas. If it bothers the children so much, just let me know and I'll send you my address to send that baby along.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs