Thursday, May 7, 2009

My problem in bed

I should be used to it by now. The warm body snuggling next to mine, the demands for attention. But even after 18 years, sometimes I just want to sleep, and even a push from me doesn't drive that affectionate body away for long.

It's nice to fall asleep together, sure, with a bit of cuddling and some stroking. But once I'm asleep, I want to stay asleep thankyouverymuch, and I really get annoyed at the frequent demands for attention.

Isn't it enough that we spend our days together? Isn't it enough that we share our quiet moments after the kids go to bed? Last night it got so bad I had to go sleep on the couch to get away.

I've really spoiled that old cat.

Ever since we had to put her sister to sleep, she's been attached to me like a magnet. We both miss our old gray furry friend I guess. But enough is enough. I'm tired of being walked on all night. Tired of waking up with a purring face two inches from my face.

Tonight I'm going to keep putting her on the floor until she gets the idea. Or I fall asleep. Whichever comes first.

11 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Auds at Barking Mad said...

Goodness can I ever relate. Griffy, our 20lb orange monster loves all over me all night long and it's suffocating. Well now, the new kitten, Geronimo has started doing the same darned thing! Well except the kitten thinks we're playing when we push him off, so out come the claws and those nasty little kitten teeth! Ouch!

If they would agree to just sleep in the middle of the freaking bed, I would be so much happier. But no...the TWO of them sleep right under my chin, curled into purring little space heaters. Oiy!

I'd wish you luck getting the message across, but who are we kidding, these are cats!

FaithChick said...

LOL what a cute post!! When i was reading it I just kept saying to myself "My husband is the same way!" =)

Anonymous said...

So cute. : )

That's why my cat has been banned from my bed for years. She'll either sleep on my hair, pulling on it all night, or walk on my stomach, her tiny little paws digging into me from her weight.

I miss the warm, purring kitty but a good night of sleep is so much better.

Brossettelewis said...

I've wanted to write the same thing...but about my husband. You know you do too.

Cheryl Lage said...

You are the best, ThreeUnder...PERFECT bait and switch! ;)

Should I recommend a modified CIO for the kitty? ;)

DebD said...

yuppers- husbands..er I mean cats can be so demanding. ;)

Eileen said...

This is asolutely hilarious. Well at least she isn't a 105 lb mutt.
:-/ They are not as easy to put down on the floor.

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

Loved it!! We dog sat last weekend so the bed hogging by such a small creature is fresh in my mind. I hear your pain. Super Nanny has some bedtime techniques you might want to try...

Jamie said...

We had a dog with cancer going through chemo (Yes...I know...I've heard it all...but we didn't have children then) he lost all his hair so he had to be in bed with us to stay warm. His prognosis was bad and he wasn't going to live long...it seemed the right thing to do. Well modern meds are wonderful aren't they. He lived a healthy and happy 5 more years...yes...still in our bed and still right between us ... every night. Even after two years we still miss him...except for that one thing...

Mom said...

Sorry for your loss, but I totally thought you were talking about your husband! LOL Hope Kitty gets the idea!

Trainer Shauna said...

What a cute post! Loved it! ;)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs